For the Chocolate Cake
* 2 cups granulated sugar
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 large eggs
* 1 cup buttermilk
* 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup boiling water
For the Chocolate Frosting
* 1/2 cup butter (*see note)
* 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 3 cups powdered sugar
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Go to the store and buy a chocolate cake. No? Okay...
2) Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
3) Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
4) Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
5) Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
6) Bake 30 to 35 minutes (I recommend setting a timer on your phone and then watch YouTube... the alarm on your phone will interrupt your videos, usually at the best part)
For a 9x13'' One Layer Cake
Grease 9x13'' pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely. Frost.
For the Chocolate Frosting:
1) Combine butter and cocoa powder.
2) Add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
*For a richer flavored chocolate frosting, try melting the butter before stirring in the cocoa powder