500 g wheat flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
4.5 dl olive oil (+ 3 tablespoons)
200 g sugar
200 g brown sugar
6 eggs M
2 oranges (zest)
500 g grated carrot
50 g sugar
2 oranges (juice)
80 g unsalted butter
1 tablespoon nutmeg
150 g hazelnut kernels
200 g cooking chocolate
1. Switch the oven on using the static function at 150ºC.
2. Mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and yeast. Break the eggs into a bowl, add 4.5 dl of oil and the 2 sugars and beat well until creamy. Gently add the flour mixture, add the zest of two oranges, the grated carrots, the coarsely chopped hazelnut kernels, and stir everything well. Reserve the oranges to make the juice.
3. With the remaining oil, brush a round shape about 30 cm in diameter. Cut a circle of parchment paper with the same diameter as the shape and line the bottom; mold a strip of paper and line the side. Brush the paper with the oil and pour the dough into the mold, taking it to the oven for about 2 hours.
4. Place the sugar and the orange juice (the 2 used for the zest and 2 two) in a saucepan and bring to the heat. When it boils, remove it from the heat and let it cool. Reserve.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and prick the surface with a toothpick. Spread the syrup on top, until it is completely absorbed. After cold, unmold and place it on a thin wooden board.
6. Melt the butter over very low heat. Allow to cool slightly and, with a spoon, remove and discard the white film that has formed on the surface.
7. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave and add the melted butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Remove from heat and continue to stir a few more minutes to lose heat.
8. Place the already cold cake on a net. Be careful to put a plate underneath to enjoy the chocolate you are pouring. With a spatula, and in light circular movements, spread the icing over the entire surface and sides of the cake. After the icing solidifies, cut the orange into thin slices and decorate the center of the cake to your liking.