260g of sugar
1 tablespoon of vinegar
2 shallow tablespoons of cornstarch
400 ml whipping cream
125g of sugar
400g of red fruits
3 passion fruit
Butter for greasing
1. Break the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
Beat the egg whites until they become full.
Gradually and while beating, add the 260g of sugar.
Beat until it becomes a shiny and consistent meringue.
2. Add the sieved corn starch and vinegar to the meringue.
Wrap carefully with a spoon or spatula.
3. With a compass, mark a circumference 26 in diameter on the parchment paper.
Place the parchment paper in an oven tray and butter it.
With a spatula, spread the meringue over the parchment paper (inside the circumference) and form a nest.
Take to a preheated oven at 135ºC and cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
4. In the meantime, make the egg candy.
In a saucepan, bring to the boil 150 ml of water and 125 g of sugar.
Stir and when it boils, boil for 5 minutes.
After the time and when the syrup is in the strong pearl point, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
5. Stir the yolks with a fork.
Add the egg yolks to the cold syrup.
Mix well and return to heat.
Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly until the yolks thicken and without boiling.
After the egg candy is done, remove and let it cool completely.
6. Cut the passion fruit in half.
With a spoon, remove the pulp into a bowl and set aside.
7. After time, turn off the oven and let the pavlova cool completely inside the oven without opening the door.
After the cold pavlova, remove.
8. Whip the cream until smooth.
Very careful not to break, place the pavlova on a serving plate.
Cover the center of the pavlova with the cream and smooth.
9. On top, spread the red fruits, the passion fruit pulp and, finally, the egg candy.
And it's ready to serve.