180g of ground oatmeal cookie
70g ground hazelnuts
Berries of 3 pomegranates
125g unsalted butter
400g of fresh spreadable cheese
300g white chocolate broken into pieces
200 ml of fresh cream
2 sheets of gelatin
150g powdered sugar
400 ml of fresh whipped cream
White chocolate to decorate
1. In a saucepan, place the butter and let it melt over a low heat.
When it is melted, turn off the heat and add the wafer and hazelnut.
2. In a mold with a removable ring and 25 to 30 cm in diameter, place the wafer mixture and simmer well so that it becomes a compact base.
Place in the refrigerator until the base is stiff.
3. In the meantime, make the filling.
Place 2/3 of the pomegranate berries in a blender and make juice.
Strain the juice in a fine mesh.
4. In a saucepan, in a water bath and over a low heat, place the chocolate to melt.
When the chocolate is melted, add the 200 ml of fresh cream and mix.
Allow to cool.
5. Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for 3 minutes.
In a pan with 3 tablespoons of hot water, dissolve the well-drained gelatin sheets.
Add the gelatin to the chocolate and mix well.
6. In a bowl, place the cheese and 1/3 of the powdered sugar.
Beat until smooth.
Gradually and while beating, add the chocolate.
Finally, add 150 ml of pomegranate juice.
7. Place the cream on top of the wafer base.
Store in the freezer until the dessert is frozen.
8. When serving, melt the white chocolate to decorate in a double boiler.
Spread the melted chocolate on the counter.
Allow to cool.
When the chocolate is almost stiff, with the help of the back of a knife, break the chocolate into chips.
9. Beat the 400 ml of cream until fluffy and bulky.
Gradually and while beating, add the remaining powdered sugar.
Beat until it is a very consistent whipped cream.
10. Cover the ice cream with the whipped cream and smooth.
Put a knife around the rim and remove it.
Decorate with the remaining pomegranate berries and the chocolate chips.
If you do not spend the dessert in one go, store it in the freezer.
And it is ready to be served.